Junk phone calls and messages have become a major problem for all of us in our modern world. No matter how much we ignore them, but at some point, we end up feeling frustrated. Undoubtedly, the methods of communication have increased exponentially with the growing technology. But, with that, the problem of junk calls and messages has also increased tremendously.
We all keep facing the situations when we are in some place or an important meeting, and suddenly our smartphones or any devices start popping up and ringing continuously. Or like when you are in some restaurant enjoying your meal in peace, and suddenly you start receiving continuous anonymous calls. And when you decide to take the call to make them stop, you find that it is some credit card salesperson interrupting your free time or some person that you know, but you don’t want to talk to them? So what will you do? Of course, you can block the contact number of the person when you have your smartphone because that seems effortless.
But what can you do if you receive unknown Facetime call requests and messages on your Mac? In that case, you don’t need to stress yourself because here, we have got you a solution to deal with that. Here, in our following article, we are going to get you the ways through which you can block the Facetime callers and iMessages on your iPhone and Mac. Please read the full article to get to the methods.
The Ways to Block Facetime Calls and iMessages on Your Mac and iPhone
Blocking any Facetime callers and messages senders on your iPhone and Mac is a straightforward procedure that includes some simple steps to follow. However, messages and Facetime calls are the easiest and best ways to stay in touch with the people that we care about. But, it becomes much annoying when we receive continuous unwanted calls on our devices. And in that case, blocking them is the best option to deal with this problem.
Are you also receiving any unwanted calls and messages on your Mac or iPhone? Want to put an end to this but wondering how to do so? In that situation, I recommend you to go through the below-mentioned methods that will help you to block the Facetime callers and iMessages on your iPhone and Mac. Please take a look at the steps that we have mentioned below for you.
The Steps to Block Facetime Calls and iMessages on iPhone
If you are going to block Facetime calls and messages on your iPhone, then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps. And blocking Facetime calls and iMessages on your iPhone seems easier than doing so on the Mac. Here are the steps:
- To block the unwanted Facetime calls on your iPhone or iPad, open the Facetime app on your device.
- Tap on the info icon that looks like the circled “i” icon that should be placed next to the name of the contact that you are going to block.
- Now, tap on the option of “Block this Caller” placed at the bottom of the screen.
- Make a final attempt by tapping on the option of “Block” to complete the process.
Blocking Any Contacts Via iMessage on the iPhone or iPad
- To block any specific contacts on your iPhone or iPad via iMessage, open the “Messages” app on your device.
- Select the sender’s name that you want to block on your messages and tap on the conversation of them.
- Now, tap on the info button that is placed at the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the “Contact Name”.
- Scroll down through your screen and tap on the option of “Block Caller”.
- Finish the process by tapping on the option of “Block Contact” after which you will not receive any messages, Facetime requests, or calls from that person.
The Steps to Block the Facetime Calls on Mac
Here are the steps to block any contacts on the Facetime app on your Mac.
- To block the contact numbers in the Facetime app that is not on your contact list, open the Facetime app on your Mac.
- Click on the info icon that should be positioned in the right direction next to the caller.
- You need to create the caller as a contact after which you will be able to block them. And to do this, click on the “Create” button to add them.
- Once you finish creating them as a contact, now, hold the control and choose the caller from your call list.
- Click on the option of “Block this Caller”.
If you want to block any existing contact on your Mac, you can do this by:
- Opening the Facetime app on your Mac.
- Hold the control and select the caller that you want to block from your call list.
- Now, choose the option of “Block this Caller”.
Now you won’t receive the Facetime calls on your Mac from the person that you have blocked. And now, let’s head to the procedure of blocking the messages on your Mac.
The Steps to Block any Contacts in Messages on Your Mac
- To block any new contacts in Messages on your Mac, open the Messages on your Mac.
- Click on the option of “create a New Contact” from the menu bar.
- Fill in their details that you know to add their contacts to your list.
- Click on the option of “Done”.
- Click and open the message of the contact that you want to block and then click on “Preferences” from the menu bar.
- And now, open the Blocked list by clicking on the “Blocked” tab. Here, you can see the list of the contact numbers that you have blocked.
- To block the contact, click on the “+” icon that should be placed at the bottom.
- After reaching the contacts window, search for the contact that you want to block and select them, now their contact number will be added to the blocked list.